Monday, March 14, 2011

Recycling!

During one of the recent snowstorms that we had, I decided to break out my sewing machine and do some mending that needed to be done. It didn't take me long to finish and feeling a little inspired I cut up a pair of pants that a friend of mine found in her attic.  They were not something that I would wear but thought they would make fun curtains. The fabric is this great european city motif. After cutting and squaring the fabric up, there wasn't much to work with, a long valance was created.  I also found this pink belt in my stash of odds n ends.  It has a cute little rose on the right that I also incorporated.

This is a nice change from the red valance that has been hanging in my work area for the past six years.

Recycling can be fun! ;-)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love this; and where the heck have I been? I have not seen this, but is is super cute! I am going to paint the kitchen and want to spice it up with new curtains, I know you made my last ones... so they can be recycled and I am thinking something new!